Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Pola Snack


I was chatting with a co-worker a few months back about this particular retro snack that we used to have when we were little and we couldn't for the life of us remembered the name. Then, I was doing my grocery shopping at Giant yesterday and there it was, on the bottom shelf, a tiny bit hidden, shy in its lack of popularity, yet still popping up against the background of gazillion other snacks. The white silly rabbit on its wheel board. POLA SNACK.

Goodness, I immediately grabbed two of those boxes. I was thinking more like five, but decided two is enough for now. I remember that it used to be placed on top shelves, or even on the eye level shelves. As a kid, I couldn't reach them, which was good so my parents can control me. But, it really was a staple snack, as in every time we went for groceries, we would get them. 

My sister and I were excited to see the pictures on those little cookies. Sometimes we'd get the sea lion, sometimes crab, but most of the time the penguins. They are sweet and savory, but judging from the look of it, they are probably a lot healthier then the "modern" snacks, and portioned properly as well. 

Pola Snack is my blast from the past. It reminds me of getting treats after a swim, the car ride home, the tiny cart I pushed in the store, the giggles with my sis. Thanks to Monde for taking part in my childhood, you've made little boys and girls very happy.

Note: picture taken from: http://merryyapzhezha.blogspot.com/2012/01/carrefour-royal.html

No comments: