Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Fresh Start for 2014

I tried something different this year as far as resolution goes. Based on previous years, I have found that the reason new year resolutions die so quickly is because they are just too stressful.

Let say that I make a promise to start exercising twice a week. The first two weeks might go fine, but the next ones I would find myself struggling to keep it up, because exercising is just tiring. And gym is a really boring place. Unless you have an eye candy, that is. I quickly abandon this unnecessary stress and continue on my life more in a Garfield-like manner. It's not fun starting something new and immediately having goals related to it.

So, I decided that I will set myself up for success!!! I will not let myself be defeated by my resolutions. So, instead of starting it on January 1st, I have actually had what I call "trial resolutions" starting in November. HA! TAKE THAT! I have tried out exercising, and I know now that I am capable of doing at least once a week of gym. In a good week, I would do two. Also, I am able to bring in home-made food for lunch at the office 2-3 times a week. I take those successes achieved consistently in the last 2 months and extend those as goals for the next 12 months of 2014.

The same things with other types of new habits I want to take up. Like being more artsy (which I start to really like), write and read more consistently, and more generous with my life and time to be spent with others. Those are the things I have tried to start late last year in preparation for this year. Hopefully by doing so I have a more sustainable resolutions that translate to a lifestyle.

And of course, I'd like to change some things up a little bit, so to keep things interesting mainly for myself. Like, this blog for example; a freshen up has been long overdue :). I will tweak some more things here and there in the hope of making it neater and more mature.

My 2014 did not come in a loud bang; it did not bring fireworks and blasts of trumpet sounds. 2014 came gradually, seeping into life bit by bit. As last year oozes out slowly and respectfully, we welcome better choices in 2014. 

Cheers to the New Year!

No comments: